Thursday, December 24, 2009

What kind of foundation do you use (mousse, powder, liquid, cream-to-liquid, etc)?

I don't know which kind to get. :(


I have acne so I want to cover that up and even up my skin tone. I also have fairly large pores so I want to hide those too.





My skin is dry in some places so I don鈥檛 want anything that will show flakes or something like that. I also want something that is light and sheer. Nothing that feels thick or cacky. Is liquid foundation thick and cacky?





Thanks for the help!What kind of foundation do you use (mousse, powder, liquid, cream-to-liquid, etc)?
Mineral powders are all the rage right now and for good reason: they blend well with many skin tones, they are non-comedogenic (won't give you pimples) and they create staggering, natural results.





Mineral powder is loose. You apply it by tapping a small amount of loose power onto a hard surface. Then you take a make-up brush and swirl it around in the powder. You then circle the brush all over your face, leaving a layer of mineral powder.





The mineral powder absorbs the natural oil on your face (you don't ahve to have oily skin, all skin...even ';normal-type'; skin has oil on it). The powder absorbs it, and makes your skin look naturally flawless.





You may think that powder would go on cakey...but it just doesn't. It has a bit of a creamy texture, so it also covers flaky/dry skin well.





It is absolutely fantastic.





My favourite brand is Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals: http://www.bareescentuals.com/ I buy it from Sephora. If you go to the site and check out the before and after pictures and tutorial videos, you will not be dissapointed.





However, there are so many brands of mineral make-up out there now. A cheaper and equally popular brand is Physician's Formula. I have tried their mineral power too and I really liked it, I jsut found that Bare Minerals had colours that matched my skin tone better.





Overall, I reccomend loose mineral powder. They come in a range of prices, so you can choose based on price range. However, I am highly, highly satisfied with Bare Minerals and would really reccommend trying them. I think as far as foundations go, they are quite reasonably priced.What kind of foundation do you use (mousse, powder, liquid, cream-to-liquid, etc)?
If you want light and sheer, powder foundation is the best place to go, but if your skin is dry ... I'd suggest liquid foundation.


Whether it's ';thick and tacky'; really depends on what brand you get and how you apply it - Revlon ColorStay is great, and their Active foundation has light coverage but not no coverage.


If you have acne ... It might be good to invest in a green concealer first to counteract the redness. Sheer coverage and wanting to cover up acne doesn't really go together very well if you ask me =/


I use a dampened sponge - it makes your foundation go on that much smoother and more sheer - and it works great, I haven't felt the need for a foundation brush yet.
If you are looking to cover acne DO NOT use Mineral Powders! They are for people with next to perfect skin. They will not cover acne at all. I recommend using a gel foundation like MAC's Studio Sculpt. It hydrates while you wear it and it has SPF 15 so it is very good for your skin. It is not cakey at all. You should apply it with a brush however. Some Liquid Foundations can be very cakey, it just depends on what kind it is and how much you use of it. To Minimize pores, rinse your face with cold water before you put your moisturizer on, then use a brush like MAC's 187 to stipple the foundation onto your face to give you an airbrushed look.
I use bareminerals. It's absolutely amazing ! It has great coverage, without looking cakey. I would recommend the starters kit. It costs about $75, but it's worth every penny. The starter kit comes with 2 containers of power, one darker one lighter for blending (it comes in dark medium or light. the 2 colours in the kit are very close in colour) 3 brushes, 1 container of mineral veil, 1 blush, 1 bronzer, a starters DVD (which I didn't watch, but it's up to to) and a how-to booklet. It's definately worth the money and is an amazing product. :)


If you decide you like it, they sell larger individual containers of the colour you like for about $30, and it lasts about 3 months depending on how much you apply, and how often.
I would recommend a liquid to powder or mousse. For covering up, you need something that sticks (powder can be too sheer and light) and has a smooth finish. Straight liquid can get cakey. Brushing a powder on top can solve that problem, but using too many different products may make breakouts worse. Try a brand that has ';clean'; makeup, like neutrogena or covergirl. Those products have less perfume and extras that can irritate skin. Hope this helps!
i used to get dry skin in places and it always showed up on the foundation i used.





so before you put any foundation on put a bit vaseline on your dry skin, this will help that, rub it in well %26amp; then use the foundation





the foundation i used is body shop - ivory foundation - love it and its not thick and cacky
Cover girl liquid oil prevention. :)
I use Bareminerals. I saved up for it and now that I use it I would never ever use anything else! Plus it last so0o long! 6-7 months for one kit!
liquid and powder together :))
loose mineral powder
lauren geller powder

No comments:

Post a Comment