Thursday, December 24, 2009

Have you ever used coffee whitener (liquid or powder) in recipes that required milk, so that you could have?

it for someone who is lactose intolerant?


What do you do differently, or add to it so that the product does not come out dry or flat?Have you ever used coffee whitener (liquid or powder) in recipes that required milk, so that you could have?
Another frivolous question about coffee with no grounds for being on this site. But then, those are some of the perks for being a top contributor. I often check in to see my friend Ophelia Bumps which makes me a topless contributor. What the heck is a coffee whitener? I don't drink coffee. Is this a feeble attempt to fool someone into thinking that there is cream in their coffee? I don't know beans about this, but I would be crushed in an instant if I knew it worked. Isn't Coffee Mate a non dairy product? My wife uses the product. The sight of people who are missing some of their metatarsals makes me ill. So, I guess I am lack toes intolerant.Have you ever used coffee whitener (liquid or powder) in recipes that required milk, so that you could have?
Actually, she is chatting over a Danish. The big German left with Ms. Kitty Litter. She is in the back room with a cough. She had a little Flem in her throat. Report Abuse

It would probably work. The coffee creamer has some of the sweetness, but a higher fat content than whole milk more like heavy whipping cream - thinking of coffee mate original. However, some creamers have very little fat, but boost the sugar content.





As mentioned above, Lactaid is 100% lactose free milk.


Also, you can try soy milk, rice milke or almond milk.





But some recipes you can try to substitute milk for simplier ingredients.





What are you making? How much milk?


Can the someone tolerate any lactose?
I've used it many times when I have run out of milk. It makes great dumplings using the Bisquik recipe. There are directions on the jar of Coffee Mate for making it into a liquid.


It is great in mashed potatoes, too. I might try it in pancakes next or over oarmeal. Just experiment!
That stuff is non-dairy...anyone with lactose intollerance should have no problem with it.


I only use it in coffee.
never tried it and I have no idea....sorry :)
no I haven't, just go get some silk brand or some lactaid I think the creamer would be horrible
I don't think powdered coffee creamer will work, because it's non-dairy. Lactose intolerant doesn't mean no milk, just no lactose. You can get lactose-free milk at the grocery store.
I have used it in mashed potatoes and boxed mac and cheese. It actually taste better to me. More creamier. I haven't tried it in anything else though.

No comments:

Post a Comment