Monday, December 28, 2009

Is There A Topical Powder Or Liquid That You Can Put On A Cat That Will Lessen The Reaction Of Allergies?

Cats make my eyes itchy and watery. I start sneezing, my chest gets tight and wheeze because of them.





We've had a cat come up and pretty much adopted us for his family. He is the sweetest thing. I want to take him to the vet and get all his shots. But everytime he comes in the house, I flair up! Is there anything I can put on him to lessen my reaction?





Thanks :)Is There A Topical Powder Or Liquid That You Can Put On A Cat That Will Lessen The Reaction Of Allergies?
I am allergic also, but I have a couple of cats. I have to wash my hands immediately after petting them, but what saves me the most allergies is the HEPA filter on my vaccuum and cleaning daily. Just keep up with the hair and dander and wash your hands when you pet the cat. I used to wheeze, too, but you do build up a tolerance to them.Is There A Topical Powder Or Liquid That You Can Put On A Cat That Will Lessen The Reaction Of Allergies?
Yes! Go to your local Petsmart! There are several products out there to help.
A doctor can help with that...
I also have allergies to cats (worse for dogs and rabbits tho') I have 4 cats. I keep them brushed, and the best product I've found for me is 'Simple Solution - Allergy Relief from Cats'. I get it at PetSmart. The 1st thing I have to do is take Benedryl or some other antihistamine (that's what blocks the allergic reaction in humans). I wet, then wring out a washrag so that it is just damp (you don't have to use so much product then). Then I lay the rag across their back while holding them (one at at time, of course!) squirt a generous amount of solution on it, and rub back and forth.


I brush again to remove some more hair and dander (which is really what we are allergic to) then rub again with the wet rag. HE WILL ABSOLUTELY HATE IT !! Rinse out the wash rag really well, Wash Your Hands! and don't touch your eyes. Good luck with your sweet cat. Cats can be such wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment