Monday, December 28, 2009

What form of foundation is best for combo/oily african american skin. (creme, liquid, or powder)?

I am prone to breakouts and most days I am oily but some days i am dry so what is a good foundation for my skin type.What form of foundation is best for combo/oily african american skin. (creme, liquid, or powder)?
I recommend you first consider your skin care routine - you may want to change your moisturizer (yes, even folks with oily skin should use a moisturizer). There are some oil-free mattifying solutions available. Murad has a decent (a little pricey, but it is very good) moisturizer as part of the Acne Solution line.





Creme foundations- they have a tendency to clog pores and to run/rub off. The only one that didn't do this for me was one of the 'whipped' foundations, but it tended to be drying in the drier spots of my face.





Some liquid/powder foundations work well, but again, it depends on your skin's reaction. I had some success with Neutrogena, but then it began to dry some areas of my face - mostly due to the medication in the foundation (it had salysilic acid in it, but it was a little too concentrated for my skin).





I've found mineral foundation to work better than regular powders. You may want to keep some blotting papers with you (you can usually find them at any drug store), for some spots that may get a little shiny. One thing many mineral brands have is a finishing powder. These often appear white, but are translucent when brushed on. This helps absorb oil and sets the makeup well, without adding more color.





I've tried a couple of different brands of mineral powders, it really is personal preference and what is budget-friendly for you, they generally work the same. The main thing is to find the correct shade(s) for you, and you will be fine.





Best of luck!What form of foundation is best for combo/oily african american skin. (creme, liquid, or powder)?
I use Mineral Indulgence Mineral Makeup for African American women. I also have combonation skin that gets worst during the summer. I went to a convention last year and got a sample of their mineral makeup in a gift bag. I have been hooked every since. I didnt see the powders on their website so I called customer service and they said that they are updating it with new shades. You can talk to customer service live on their website at Mineralindulgence.com. or get on their newsletter list so they can send you info on the makeup. http://mineralindulgence.com/ Good luck!
try laoncome i have the same problem and this foundation is oil-free, feels really light but still has good coverage... http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment