Monday, December 28, 2009

Laundry washing powder, laundry liquid, liquitabs, gel tablets, capsules ...?

Has anyone genuinely noticed a significant difference in the quality of their laundry cleaning as a result of switching to these newfangled formats?Laundry washing powder, laundry liquid, liquitabs, gel tablets, capsules ...?
just a gigantic example of spin and deception-its all the same-I get the mega cheap powder its fineLaundry washing powder, laundry liquid, liquitabs, gel tablets, capsules ...?
liquid laundry detergent is obscenely expensive now that they claim to have made it 2x more concentrated (Tide im talking to you!), but its still the exact same as regular liquid detergent. Ive gone back to using powder (which i hate because of the residue and it dulls my colours faster), but i have to use alot more. its to the point where for a full load of laundry i have to use 2 full scoops of tide, whereas a few years ago (3 years) i was using a half scoop and getting proper cleaning power. I love liquid though (if only it wasnt 18$ CND for regular size bottle.)
3 ni Mama I hear ya! I was using Tide to get rid of my baby's stains on her clothes and it works great. Now the price is atrocious! It was $15 a bottle when I first bought it, now it's $18 a bottle! It never lasts me the full 78 loads either. I go through it in one month! I never used powder because of the inconvenience and you have to use warm or hot water to get it to dissolve. I use liquid. I found that Gain is several dollars cheaper, works just as well, and smells great!





The liquitabs and gel tablets are just for added convenience of not having to measure out the liquid and you don't have to worry about spilling anything.





If your'e concerned about price, go with the powder or cheap liquid. If you 're not concerned and like the added convenience, go with the gel tabs or capsules.
I see no difference in the cleaning but the bold liquitabs leave your clothes smelling wonderful. I dont use them as they are far too expensive but my mother uses them. I just use the good old-fashioned powder - whatever is on offer when I am doing my shopping. I have also heard that liquid detergent isnt good for your machine but I dont know why this would be.
I have used All Clear Liquid for years because of my allergy. The new 2x I use two caps of liquid for the average load. If the items have stains I use three caps of liquid.





In order to make the detergent work more, I fill the tub half full of water, swift the water around in the tub before I add the clothes.





I agree with you, I do not believe that the new 2x is really two times stronger than the original one.
All it took was for my washing machine to leave wet detergent powder granules on my clothes for me to switch to liquid detergent--PERMANENTLY!!
Since swapping to liquid I noticed I don't have to clean out the powder tray any more! Not really better with the laundry but it makes my life one job easier!
No. But I still buy the biggest bottle of Tide liquid from Costco. It is expensive but it lasts about 2 months so I don't mind.
problems problems life is full of problems

No comments:

Post a Comment