Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is the diff. between using liquid detergent and powder?

Im doing the laundry today and I was just thinking maybe liquid is best for jeans than powder . What detergent do you use? Because, my clothes have been coming out paler if u know what I mean.I always wash with cold water.except for whites of course.What is the diff. between using liquid detergent and powder?
liquid is best for clothes, powder leaves residueWhat is the diff. between using liquid detergent and powder?
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/answers2/fro鈥?/a>





I prefer liquid because it dissolves better. I have used powder before and have always found some caked on clothes if I washed in cold water.





by blues breaker Member since:


February 24, 2008


Total points:


564 (Level 2)


Add to My Contacts





Block User





the powders tend to cake more easily but they both clean equally well





chemically i could not tell you, but i know that liquid is easier on your clothes than powder is. powder usually leaves a resedue, this is talking about clothes detergents, but for dish detergent it is better to use powder because it more easily gets scum off because of its ruff composition. Liquid dish detergents leave scum on dishes.





I use powder all the time because it is cheaper and now a days the powders dissolve all the way and you do not have the problems you used to have of not dissolving even in the cold water wash they dissolve now
powder sometimes leaves residue on your clothes and in the washing machine.
if you use powder always put it in first, let the water fill some. I have had that power stick to my clothes and never dissolve and have had it spot some clothes. Unless of course your machine has a container to drop the power into. Then the machine will mix it for you. I perfer the liquid. Back of the amount you are using. Unless you are a construction worker most likely you dont need the max dose.
I use liquid detergent. Powder makes me itchy and can fade your jeans.
i use liquid only because i hate takin my clothes out and finding the powder didnt dissolve all the way and is now stuck to my clothes.
I use liquid for the same reasons most people use liquid. The powder doesn't always come out and it seems to fade clothes worse.





I love Method Laundry Detergent.
Not only does powder sometimes leave a residue and it doesn't always rinse out completely, it can damage clothes or ruin colors if you pour it directly into the wash before turning on the machine. As soon as it gets wet, it starts to dissolve. But, it's extremely concentrated at this point. So, it can kind of eat through colors and fabrics until it gets mixed into the wash water.





One thing that also causes fading is chlorinated drinking water. Most municipal water companies chlorinate the water slightly to make it safe for drinking. This can actually cause fading of certain dyed fabrics, like denim.





One way to minimize fading is to turn the clothes inide out before putting them in the washer.
liquid is better
I switch and use both. I don't see a difference. There is a company (Tide?) that makes detergent for dark clothes that may help........
i always use the liquid because i found that the powder didn't always completely dissolve; then you have to wash them over!
I've always used liquid, but that's because I've had a bad experience with powdered not washing out completely. But, that could've just been because I have an old washing machine. I've heard powder is harsher than liquid, but if you prefer the powder, maybe just stick with a gentler formula. Goodluck!
Sometimes powder leaves a residue on your clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment